1. It is a concert-style contest. Each participant will perform their entire program without interruption. Participants will select the order.
2. Contestants must provide a copy of the music they intend to perform at the time of the competition.
3. All Jurors' decisions are final and the Jury has the right to withhold any of the prizes.
4. Contestants agree to abide by the instructions given by the director.
5. Each contestant accepts the rules of the competition by submitting an application.
6. Please mail a check of $35 payable to URI Foundation to:
Piano Extravaganza! 2013
Department of Music
University of Rhode Island
Kingston, RI 02881
7. Fill out the information in the Online Registration.
8. Contestants who apply after the competition is full will receive a full refund of their fee.
9. Please make sure you have provided all information; Online Registration and $35 application fee.
10. The deadline for application is Monday, March 18, 2013 (postmarked).
If a student has won a division previously, then he/she will be placed in the next higher division. If an applicant desires, he/she can be placed in a higher division than these rules indicate, but cannot be placed in a lower division. The contest organizers will try to keep these divisions, but they retain the right to adjust the cutoff points based on the number of applicants for each division.
Contact Dr. Manabu Takasawa for questions.